Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Weekend to my Doom! DOOOOMMM!

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been able to post in the last few days. I kind of went MIA for a bit there since Bobby's parents came into town this weekend just to see me :)! (Okay and probably Bobby too hahaha) I kind of wish they weren't going home tonight, but I think by the way Bobby was hysterically laughing at lunch today, he might need a rest from the shock to his system! Anyways let me explain a little about what's been going on the last few days:


Day 1: I pretty much slept all morning this day (With the leaky ice packs shoved under my arms) until Bobby came and picked me up, (I couldn't drive because I couldn't move my arms). I also ended up talking to Katie (a good friend that was there for me in a few rough patches) and we ended up catching up on what's going on lately with each others lives which was really nice. When Bobby picked me up we ended up going to look at some more houses this time with his Mom in charge! The first three houses we looked at were basically the same layout, small house and small backyard. We were somewhat fond of the first and third one we looked at because they were old houses newly updated. But we decided that none of them were what we were really looking for. After that we went to see a few more houses, none of which seemed to give us that "wow" factor. We ended up going to Olive Garden that night for dinner and boy did I laugh a lot (so much I thought the tube for my port was going to end up popping out of my neck!). Also I was told to stop writing my blog so Aunt Yaya would stop crying every time she read it! My blog is supposed to be inspiring! Not sad! So cheer up Aunt Yaya! :) Afterward Bobby ended up taking me home, (with his folks in the car) and when we got to my place my folks introduced themselves to his folks! It was a happy moment :) My Mom said Bobby looks a lot like his mom, but it was dark so she couldn't see his dad. Although I probably would have to agree, especially when it comes to his hair.

Day 2: Woke up at 3:30am and got ready for work, even though I was still in pain from the surgeries I wanted to go to work and at least be a bit productive. I ended up finding out that my Doctor's note wasn't "good" enough for government protocol so now I have to get a new doctors note that meet's what they want. (My manager know's whats going on though, so really I don't think I may have needed the Doctor's note, but I am gonna get one just in case) The whole entire day at work though I felt awful, because I was pretty much useless in certain areas. I couldn't lift anything which is about 95% of the job, and in all honesty working the other positions just makes me feel lazy. (Which is why I rarely am ever posted at them, because even though I am efficient, I work better doing the 95%) The one interesting thing about that day was having a customer ask me if I was okay because I looked like I was sick. I told her I hope not! I start Chemo on Monday and I CANT be sick! She looked at me with a face full of compassion and told me that her and her family would pray for me. I thought that was a bit random, but peaceful to know that a total stranger can show that much compassion toward someone they never knew. It show's me there are some good people out in the world. After work, I headed home so I could maybe take a shower, buy a lottery ticket, and wait for Bobby to get there to pick me up again for more house hunting. Well the second I got home, a minute later, Bobby rang the doorbell. I was still in my uniform! I was not expecting him to be there so quickly, I wondered if he drove here right behind me the whole time. It took me awhile to change because I needed to take off the extra padding from the surgery, and I had to have help because I could only lift my arms below my shoulders. My Dad ended up going outside to talk to Bobby and his Dad, while I was changing. After I was finally done, we took off for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and then back to house hunting! We ended up at this house in downtown Gilbert/Mesa about 5-10 minutes from the clinic I am getting treatment from, and boy was it gorgeous! It definitely had the "WOW" factor we were looking for. There are a few things that needed to be upgraded in it, and the backyard is definitely halfway to where we would want it, but overall we loved that first house. It was definitely well maintained for being built in 1996. We decided to keep that house in mind and look at our other options, the second one we just immediately said no to, especially after the bull dog lady (the tenant renting the house) would only allow showings on Saturday from 2-4pm in giant groups and she was always present. Everywhere you went, she was there WATCHING you with glaring eyes. She made looking at the house uncomfortable, but then again I didn't think the house was that great, especially since it looked like they didn't maintain it at all. And if we were to get that one, and they still had the lease till August, like Bobby's Dad said, I don't think they'd go peacefully. The third house was pretty nice, it even had a fireplace, but it still needed a bit of updating and the area around it didn't seem as great as the first one. The backyard was definitely a clean slate, something we could mold into what ever we wanted. And it was the ONLY house that actually had a door to the bathroom in the master bedroom  Every house we've been in, there has been absolutely no door coverage in the Master Bedroom. Basically if you wanted to take a shower, you have to lock the whole room. Now I didn't mind this part, but I did find it a little odd they didn't have the door there. After looking at the houses we went to dinner, and then picked up the puppies from doggy day camp.
This was Bubba's (our baby lemon beagle) first time being with dog's when we weren't around to watch him, he apparently did well although he stuck very close to Laverne the whole time. (He's got dependency issues, since he was found in the middle of the desert as a baby, it took him awhile just to trust we weren't going to abandon him) I love my little Hubba Bubba! Course Bobby thinks hes "el diablo" but he loves him very much, just won't admit it upfront (Lemon Beagles are Bobby's favorite breed of dog). He's a smart puppy, we taught him how to Sit, Stay, Fetch, Roll over, Beg, Shake, and Lay down in probably just a few weeks. (If all added up in hours) He's still learning the roll over trick, but he's got it down pretty well except that last roll. He makes it halfway and then just expects the treat or a belly rub. Knucklehead. After we picked up the puppies from camp we ended up back at my place and Bobby's folks were invited inside the house. I was busy getting my uniform ready for work the next morning, so I missed a bit of conversation. I know my Mom gave Bobby's Mom one of the fans she got from Korea, which I guess Bobby's Mom had been looking everywhere for, for awhile. I know my Mom had mentioned it was a very good quality fan, which means its not one of the cheap ones that will break easily I hope! Bobby decided to trick his Mom into believing that she had stolen the fan, which I thankfully corrected this morning! (Quit teasing your Mom and making her worry so much Bobby jeez! She get's enough teasing from your Dad, you should be focused on teasing me! Haha) I had Bobby leave Bubba with me that night as I missed my baby and wanted him to stay with me for the night. Once Bobby and his folks left, (I am so glad they and my parents get a long!) I ended up taking a shower and walking out to the living room, just to find this:

I don't think Dad realized I took the picture since he was fast asleep, and so was poor little Bubba! Puppy was passed out and could hardly get up to walk to the bed! If I wasn't still in pain I would've carried him to bed but he weighs 25lbs now instead of 3lbs. My baby is growing so fast :'(. Finally I went to sleep and that leads into today!

I went to work again today, this time I was actually able to do a bit of working, better than yesterday. I still felt pretty useless since I still couldn't lift as much as I wanted to be able to. Jason my co-worker was being silent today, which made me feel awkward because I wanted him to be happy! I wonder what was wrong, but I am not going to press him over it. I'm sure he's in a better mood now that work is over! I was invited to go to breakfast/lunch with a few co-workers this morning but I had to turn them down since I was going to see Bobby and his folks after work before they ended up going back to Chicago. So I ended up driving to his place after work and changing when I got there. We ended up going out shopping and getting his car washed, all the while talking about my Chemo tomorrow. We ended up having lunch at Red Robins, Yum! and the entire time Bobby was laughing hysterically. Well I should say quietly hysterically. It was weird little giggle fits he was having, and it creeped me out. I think it's just the stress finally getting to him. The entire time we made jokes and laughed about boats (don't ask me, it wasn't THAT funny) church and a few other things. Bobby kept making up songs all day too, mainly about me and going to the bathroom. I ended up getting my revenge by sitting on him with my "bony butt" and hurting him with it every time he'd start singing. He started several times, you'd think he'd learn! ;) He was laughing the whole time though, so I don't think it hurt him that much. In fact I think he was having more fun with it than anything else. Jerkface! After lunch I ended up having to leave so I said my goodbyes :( with lots of hugs and thank you's! And Bobby's Mom said that she would probably be back in a month around the time of my next chemo treatment (Bobby's going to be stressing out so much the next year or so!) But I think he secretly loves it, he knows the value of family and especially what his parents mean to him and me. He's just a whiner when it comes to his Mom visiting, but I can tell he loves it. Besides if he misbehaves I could just say that I'll call his Mom and ask her to hop on the next plane ride over! ;) That'll teach him! Bahahaha just kidding sweetheart. But in all seriousness it would've been nice if they could have stayed a bit longer, I don't think I've laughed that hard in a few months! But that was pretty much the last few days, minus a few other details, and Bobby will be coming over tonight for a bit to pick up Bubba and spend some more time with me before tomorrow. I am in all honesty not looking forward to doing any of this starting tomorrow, but if I want to live I have no choice. And I definitely want to live to be able to spend more time with Bobby and our family :). So here's to good luck and a bright future!

No comments:

Post a Comment