Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chemo? Nope!

So today I woke up from sleeping on the couch for the third night in a row (my port hurts so much I can't sleep in a normal position and the couch provides an elevated comfortable way to sleep) my ice pack melted but luckily didn't spill everywhere like the previous night. Mom and Dad were already up getting ready for my first chemo appointment. They have the entire week off, due to going on vacation to see my grandma, but because of my situation had to cancel.. I ended up attempting to take a shower but had some serious trouble getting my clothes back on.. So I had to ask Mom for help, which was embarrassing. I felt like I was five again.. I had a small bowl of my cherry ginger cereal and almond milk, then we were off to the doctors. As I walked in we waited for my name to be called after check-in. When they finally brought me in for my MUGA scan they decided to do an IV instead of use my port because I was still in a lot of pain. My Nurse Navigator (one of the only competent people I've met so far here, other than the nurse following me around my appointments) met me as I was getting my IV and blood work done to create the compound for the scan. I asked her if I could get a PET scan and she was shocked I had yet to get one. She looked at my schedule to find that they had screwed up and rather than getting me a PET scan when they should have before chemo I was scheduled for Tuesday after Chemo. This pissed me off, I am getting very tired of the lack of communication at this place. Then I find out that my ultrasound for tomorrow is actually a biopsy. That has me upset because I think it's unnecessary, and I was mislead. I'm not looking forward to another biopsy when my port still hurts like hell. I'm just getting really annoyed with this place. After settling all of that my chemo appointment was cancelled, since I can't do the PET Scan after chemo. Luckily they were able to squeeze me in today. I'm hoping the cancer hasn't spread elsewhere. With my luck lately, who knows. I'm getting tired of all this jumping around. These are the people I'm supposed to trust my life with? After all the testing was done I ended up requesting my prescription for a numbing agent for my port, as they didn't prescribe me one to begin with. After lunch my Dad and I went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. We ended up finding that I had four assigned to me, one of which was the numbing cream. The other three were stomach meds and steroids, of which I believe I am to take BEFORE my chemo starts. What the hell. Why was I not told about any of these medications? I'm starting to really doubt my doctors competency right now. They don't seem to communicate with me or each other. On top of finding out about the prescriptions I also found out that my doctor screwed up the order on the steroids, which my pharmacist is now confused over. He gave me the meds anyways and told me to talk to my doctor. Great. This day was just great. NOT. Dads pissed so much with them that if they don't straighten out what their doing, we're going somewhere else. Sigh what a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment